Spokeo is great when you are looking for distant cousins with little information available or when you want to know more about a potential partner or any other person. If you don’t need or want to use this people search engine anymore, it’s time to cancel your subscription.
Our guide on how to cancel Spokeo will tell you everything about stopping your membership and avoiding future charges. Here is what you should know about canceling the subscription!
Before You Cancel Spokeo – What to Know About the Pricing
Spokeo utilizes deep web technology to obtain information from high-quality sources and various public records. You can access and search the database unlimited times if you subscribe. The membership plans are available at Spokeo:
The services provided with both plans are the same, which means you can use Spokeo without limits. The only trick is that the three-month membership secures a long-term discount since you pay at once, but it comes down to a lower monthly price for using the service when compared to the standard membership.
The payment methods accepted include debit and credit cards, Venmo, PayPal, and GPay. Regardless of the method used, all subscriptions are automatically renewable. That means Spokeo will continue charging you until you cancel the service.
How to Cancel Spokeo Via the Website
You can go through the Spokeo cancel account process on any device with a web browser, including PCs, laptops, smartphones, and other portable gadgets. Here are the steps to complete for a successful cancellation:
- Visit the Spokeo website. You can open the homepage and click on login in the upper-right corner to open to access the login page.
- Enter your user credentials. Access the account by entering your chosen email or password, or access the account with Google or Facebook. The option you can use will depend on what info you used when registering the account.
- Open the Account page. If you have any problems finding it, click on this link.
- Click on Cancel to stop your subscription. Scroll down to find the section “Manage Account.” You will notice that there’s a Cancel Subscription field, and next to it, there is a Cancel button, which you need to click.
- Follow the instructions. It should be fairly easy to complete the process. You will know you finished it successfully because you’ll receive a confirmation email to the address provided during the registration.
How Do I Cancel My Spokeo Subscription Over the Phone?
If you can’t complete your Spokeo cancel membership process via the website, you can also do it over the phone, and here’s how:
- Check the customer support’s working hours. Spokeo indicates that its Customer Care team is available every day. The working hours are from 5 AM to 8 PM PST.
- Call the customer support phone number. Spokeo’s team is available at 1 (888) 906-0849.
- Ask to speak to a staff member. You should be diverted to an agent whom you want to ask to cancel your membership.
- Complete the process. You might need to provide some details about your account, so follow the agent’s instructions. You should receive a confirmation email after the process is done, but remind the agent that you’d like one.
3 Steps to Canceling Spokeo Over Email
You can also contact Spokeo customer support via email, and here are the steps to follow:
- Start writing the email. You have two options, with the first one being to actually send an email to email@example.com from your chosen email client. Alternatively, you can click on “Start an Email” on the contact page to initiate a contact form.
- Enter all the necessary details. You want to choose Billing as the preferred topic, and don’t forget to provide information like your account email and that you’d like to cancel your membership.
- Wait for a reply. The response will either contain a confirmation that your account has been canceled or further instructions. If necessary, follow the steps specified to complete the cancelation process.
Spokeo Cancel FAQs and Answers Revealed
The frequently asked questions asked by users about Spokeo are listed below, along with the answers that provide useful information!
Does the Company Charge for Spokeo Cancellation?
No, the provider doesn’t impose any additional fees if you choose to cancel your subscription. You only need to pick the preferred option from the ones available above and follow the instructions to complete the process.
Is There a Refund If You Cancel Your Spokeo Early?
The Spokeo cancel subscription process doesn’t include a refund, so it doesn’t matter when you stop your membership as long as it’s before the subscription expiration date. The good news is that you can continue using the service until your current membership cycle expires.
Is It Possible to Delete Spokeo Account?
Yes, you can delete your Spokeo account permanently, but only if you contact customer support. You should ask to speak to an agent and politely ask them to delete your account. They will assist you with the process but don’t forget to log out of your Spokeo account afterward. That’s necessary to complete the deletion process. Also, the platform mentions they need to maintain all purchase details during a specified timeframe by the law, which means they won’t be able to remove your purchase data permanently.