Walmart Plus (or Walmart+) might seem harder to cancel than it is to start. It’s a customer reward program that offers customers extra rewards and free services for a monthly fee. Sounds great, right? Not exactly.
The truth is every household has different shopping habits. Some of the services that the program offers, like free delivery of groceries and free shipping with no order minimum, don’t apply to every shopper. If you don’t use the service, why would you want to pay for it?
You can cancel Walmart Plus from your account page or by contacting customer care directly. If you have downloaded the app, you can also cancel your membership there.
Keep reading to find out exactly how to use each method to cancel your membership, as well as details about the billing cycle and tips for handling the cancellation.
How Much Does a Walmart Plus Membership Cost?
Walmart often offers a free trial for its membership program, which costs $12.95 monthly. It claims to save you more than $1,000 per year if you get at least two store deliveries and two website orders delivered for 12 consecutive months. Most free trials last for thirty days. If you pay for the membership annually, it saves you more than $50 per year.
|Walmart Plus Membership per Month||$12.95/month|
|Walmart Plus Membership Annual Fee||$98/year|
How to Cancel Walmart Plus Online
Many people like to do business online. If you prefer to take care of things online, this is likely the most convenient method for you.
In order to cancel your Walmart Plus online, you will first need to go to the site and log in to your account. Then follow these simple steps:
- Click on the account dropdown in the upper right-hand corner of your screen.
- Scroll down and click on the word “Account” located between “Purchase History” and “Sign Out”.
- On the Welcome to your Account screen, choose “Walmart+”. You will find this below your purchase history.
- On the Walmart+ page, choose “Manage Membership.”
- On the Manage Membership page, choose “Cancel Walmart+.” You will have to scroll to the bottom of the page to find this option.
- The page will say, “Your feedback matters,” and you will have options to select the reason why you are canceling the membership. You must choose an answer.
- Then scroll to the bottom of the page and choose “Cancel Membership.” This completely cancels the membership.
How to Cancel Walmart Plus Subscription Over the Phone
If you tend to feel more secure dealing with a human than doing things online, this method is likely the better choice for you.
- Call Walmart Customer Care at (800) 924-9206.
- Let the representative know that you want to cancel your Walmart Plus membership.
- Make sure to ask when your last day of the subscription is and if you intend to use it again before the end of the period.
- Be sure to get the representative’s name or ID number in case you have any problems with the cancellation.
Be prepared for the representative on the other end of the line to ask lots of questions. You will need to give them your personal information, such as your name and account number. By the end of the call, your membership should be completely canceled.
How to Cancel Walmart Plus on the App
If you have already downloaded and been using the app, you may want to cancel your subscription on the app. To cancel Walmart Plus on the app, follow these steps.
- Start by opening the Walmart app on your phone.
- Select “Pickup & delivery.”
- Tap the three lines at the top of the screen to open a new menu.
- Under the “Pickup & delivery” heading, select “Walmart+.”
- At the top of the screen, it will say “Hi [Your Name]!” and below the length of time you have been a member. Scroll to the very bottom of the page and select “Cancel Walmart+.” This cancels your membership.
Additional Information About How to Cancel Walmart Plus
If you are canceling your Walmart Plus subscription, make sure to keep the information, as it could save you trouble later.
Here are some other things you may want to know about canceling your subscription.
How to Cancel Walmart Plus Free Trial
Take the same steps to cancel your free trial the same way that you cancel any membership. You can cancel online, by talking with a customer care representative, or you can cancel on the app. It is important to remember that you must cancel the subscription before the end of the free trial period, or your card on file will be charged.
Can You Cancel Walmart Plus Anytime?
You can cancel your subscription to Walmart Plus membership at any time that you want to. It is important to know that you will not be refunded any of your fees if you cancel before the end of the period you have paid for.
If you do cancel before the end of your billing cycle, the nice thing is that you will still have access to the membership until the end of the period.
Can You Pause a Walmart Plus Membership?
You can pause a membership up to three times in a one-year period. During this time, you do not have access to the membership, but you also are not billed for it. You can do this online, on the app, or by talking to a customer care representative.