Xfinity, previously known as Comcast, is an internet and cable TV provider operating under the umbrella of Comcast Cable Communications in the United States.
If you’re looking to cut ties with Xfinity, keep in mind that they will not make it easy for you to cancel your plan. Their retention department is well known for trying every trick (and treat) in the book to make you stay.
This guide aims to simplify the process and make it simple and cost-effective for you to cancel Xfinity service.
What to Know Before You Cancel Xfinity Service
You can cancel Xfinity Service within 30 days of installation without any penalties. When you cancel within 30 days, you will also receive a refund for the monthly recurring fee, excluding the installation costs and taxes.
If you want to cancel your Xfinity account after the first 30 days but before the end of your contract, you will be charged an early termination fee from Xfinity.
The Xfinity early termination fee is not a fixed amount. Instead, it will depend on the type of agreement you have set up and how many months are left in your contract. For example, if you have signed up for a 24-month contract, your early termination fee would start at $230 and decrease by $10 every month until the end of the contract. Let’s say you have six months left on your 24-month contract. In this case, your early termination fee would be $60.
You can see how many months you have left on your Xfinity agreement by signing in to your Xfinity account. Under the Settings tab in My Account, you will find Legal Agreements and Contracts. You will see the agreement’s start date and when it will expire there. This way, you can determine the amount of your early termination fee.
You can also determine your early termination fee amount by contacting Xfinity support and asking how many months you have left in your current Xfinity contract.
How to Avoid the Xfinity Early Termination Fee
One way to avoid the Xfinity early termination fee is to move out of an Xfinity service area.
When you cancel your Xfinity service, make sure to mention that you will be moving somewhere where Xfinity is not available. They will ask you for your new address to check in the system. During the process, ask to confirm that your early termination fee will be waived.
How to Cancel Xfinity Service
This section will explain how you can completely cancel your Xfinity Service. Whether you have an Xfinity TV, Xfinity Internet, or both, these steps will work the same.
Cancel Xfinity Service by Phone
- Call Xfinity Retention at 1-800-XFINITY or 1-800-COMCAST (or the number in your billing document)
- Answer the menu by saying “cancel service.”
- Once you get through to an agent, ask to talk with someone from Retention
Cancel Xfinity Service at your Local Xfinity Store
- Find an Xfinity store in your area.
- Ask to cancel your service and give your reason.
- The customer service representative will submit a cancellation request for you.
Cancel Xfinity Service Online
- Complete the online cancellation form.
- You will be asked to first log in to your Xfinity account
- Wait for an Xfinity service agent to call you back within two business days to confirm your cancellation request
Cancel Xfinity Service via Mail
- Mail a cancellation request with your first and last name (as stated in your billing form), account number, service address, and phone number to Comcast Cable ATTN: Service Change Requests 1701 JFK Blvd. Philadelphia, PA 19103
- Wait for an Xfinity service agent to call you back within two business days to confirm your cancellation request.
What to Expect When Talking to the Xfinity Representative
No matter which way you go about canceling your Xfinity Service, you will be talking with an Xfinity representative during the process.
Here’s what to expect during this talk:
- They will ask for your name, service address, and Xfinity account number
- The representative will ask for your reason for cancellation. You are not obliged to give a reason. Instead, you can simply state that you want to cancel the service and are willing to pay the early termination fee. If you wish to avoid paying the fee, you can say that you will be moving to an area not covered by Xfinity.
- Be prepared to be persuaded against canceling your Xfinity plan. The Xfinity representative might offer you a discount, a different plan, or even free things to get you to stay.
- If none of those options sound like a good deal, simply restate that you want to cancel your service.
- You can then choose to end your service at the end of your current billing cycle or at another date.
How to Return Your Xfinity Equipment
If you look at your Xfinity bill, you will notice that you are being billed a monthly fee for renting your Xfinity equipment, such as a TV box, Internet Modem, or TV remote.
When canceling your Xfinity account, you must return all your equipment. Xfinity will charge you an unreturned equipment fee if you don’t.
To view your Xfinity equipment information, follow the steps below.
- Visit the Xfinity website.
- Log in to My Account
- Locate the Devices tab to view your in-home Xfinity equipment.
Alternatively, you can contact Xfinity support and ask which Xfinity devices are in your file.
You can then choose to initiate your return online by submitting a return request, stopping by at your local UPS Store, or visiting your local Xfinity Store or Comcast Service Center. Check out the Xfinity equipment return page for more details on the Xfinity equipment return process.
Note: Countless online stories testify that there is a chance that something might go wrong with the return process, and Xfinity will insist you pay for the unreturned equipment, even though you did send them. So make sure you keep records of everything, from the equipment they have on file to pictures of all the equipment and your shipping receipt.
How to Cancel Xfinity TV and Keep Xfinity Internet
But ‘Can I cancel Xfinity TV and keep the internet?’ is a common question among customers. Yes, you can.
You can cancel Xfinity TV but keep the internet by reaching out to Xfinity via one of the ways mentioned in the ‘How to Cancel Xfinity Service’ section.
Whichever way you choose, you will end up talking with an Xfinity representative, who will try to convince you to keep the bundle deal. You may not get a great internet-only deal from Xfinity so prepare to negotiate. Ultimately you will still be able to lower your monthly bill by removing a service you don’t need anymore.
Pausing Xfinity Service
If you’re going away from your home address for an extended period of time, you can easily put your Xfinity account on hold. This way, you can keep your Xfinity equipment and save on installation and reconnection fees once you’re back.
Keep in mind that you can only put Xfinity Service on hold once every ten months for a minimum of 90 days and a maximum of 270 days.
How to Pause Xfinity Service
You will be transferred to the Xfinity Seasonal Convenience plan when putting your Xfinity plan on hold. During this time, you will pay a reduced fee during the specified period depending on your Xfinity services.
You can get on the Xfinity Seasonal Convenience plan either by scheduling a call with an Xfinity agent or online by visiting comcastseasonal.com. You can learn more about the Seasonal Convenience plan on the online page, including the discounted rate.
How to Resume Xfinity Service
When you initially get on the Xfinity Seasonal Convenience Plan, you will be required to put an end date. Your normal Xfinity plan will resume automatically on the specified end date, and the monthly recurring charges will apply.
If you want to resume your normal plan before the specified end date, you can do so via the web by visiting the Summary page on comcastseasonal.com. The Change Seasonal Convenience button allows you to make changes to your plan. You won’t be able to change the start date, but you can easily change the end date.
How to Lower your Xfinity Bill
- Try to negotiate a better price: When trying to cancel your Xfinity Service, the retention department will try to convince you against it by offering a discount or some better deal. You can take advantage of this to negotiate a better deal.
- Manage premium channels: You can make changes to your plan online to customize your TV experience. If you are looking to save some money, you have the option to remove premium TV channels from your Xfinity plan. You can either do this online or by scheduling a call with an Xfinity agent.
- Cancel certain Xfinity services: You can downgrade your Xfinity plan online by choosing to remove Advanced Security or Instant TV service from your plan. You can also schedule a call to make the change. This point can be a bit tricky as Xfinity might offer a more competitive deal for bundles. However, you can try to negotiate with the Xfinity representative to get a better deal.
- Downgrade your Xfinity internet plan: Xfinity offers internet at different speeds – from 50 Mbps up to 2000 Mbps download speed. Mbps stands for megabits per second. The higher the number of Mbps, the faster your wifi will be. However, you might not need to pay for the highest internet speed. How many Mbps you need will depend on several factors, such as the number of devices that will be connected to your wifi and what you will use it for. For instance, if you are streaming 4k video every day on several devices and gaming, you will need a higher Mbps. On the other hand, if you’re simply using your wifi for things like browsing the web and checking your email, then you will find that 50 Mbps is more than enough.
- Buy your own internet modem: Xfinity charges a monthly fee for all the equipment you rent from them. This fee can be about $14 per month. And at the end of your contract, you will have to return your modem. However, a good modem can cost between $50-150. It’s an investment that will pay for itself in no time. On the Xfinity website, you can check whether the modem you have or are thinking of buying is approved for Xfinity Internet.
Alternatives to Xfinity Service
Alternative bundles to internet and cable TV providers.
|Price for Internet and TV bundles start at around*||$30/month||$56.99/mo||$89.98/mo||$97.98/mo||$98.99/mo||$55/mo|
|Max number of TV channels||260+||350+||200+||290+||420+||340+|
*The price of your bundle will depend on a series of factors, such as your location, the wifi speed, and the number of TV programs included.