Home Depot has the biggest chain of home improvement stores worldwide. With over 2,300 locations in US, Mexico, and Canada, as well as the option to use it online, this gift card is a tempting present.
And if you get a Home Depot gift card, you will want to check its balance. The good news is that it’s incredibly easy if you use the tips we shared below!
Check Home Depot Gift Card Balance – All Methods
The Home Depot check gift card balance process is simple and shouldn’t take more than a few minutes. In the following sections, we present you three methods for inspecting your card balance, along with step-by-step instructions.
How to Check Gift Card Balance Online
- You can do this via PC, laptop, smartphone, and other portable devices. Make sure you have a working internet connection and a web browser like Safari or Chrome installed.
- Visit this page. The link leads you to the official Home Depot gift card balance checker.
- Enter your card number. Insert the number without spaces, but make sure to enter the correct digits.
- Type in the PIN. It serves as a protective measure, and you’ll find it on the back of your card. The PIN is usually above or below the bar code of your gift card.
- Click on Check Balance. After you enter all details, the button should become clickable.
- Check your balance. Funds currently available will appear on the screen.
Use a Phone to Perform Gift Card Balance Check
- Call the Home Depot Customer Care team. The team’s phone number is 1-800-466-3337 (1-800-HOME-DEPOT).
- Ask to speak to an agent. Follow any instructions mentioned, and ask to speak to an operator.
- Give them the necessary card details. The agent will ask for your card number, your name, and other information.
- Get card balance details. Once the agent tells you the balance, it’s best to write it down in case you forget it.
Check Balance on Gift Card In Person
- Use the Store Finder to find a nearby store. You’ll see the closest Home Depot location on the map.
- Check its working hours. Working hours largely vary on the store, so make sure to visit while the shop is open.
- Find a cashier. The cashier can check your card balance.
- Give them your card for a second. With a simple swipe, they’ll see your card balance and inform you on the funds available.
Where Can I Buy Home Depot Gift Card?
You can purchase a Home Depot gift card online at the retail brand’s official website. It’s also possible to buy it at these retail stores, but also some other offline locations.
If you purchase online, you can use PayPal, debit and credit cards to buy it. The amount on the card can vary from $5 to $2,000. Standard shipping takes up to ten business days but doesn’t cost anything. You can pick express one-day deliveries, but it will cost $6.
What Types of Cards Are There?
You can purchase digital-only or Home Depot eGift cards, which can be sent to your or the recipient’s email. Apart from digital, you can buy physical plastic gift cards that get delivered to the desired address.
How to Redeem a Home Depot Gift Card
You can redeem your gift card at the Home Depot retail store or when buying on the company’s website. There are no fees for using or maintaining the card, and it doesn’t have an expiration date. However, we suggest keeping the card in adequate condition, or cashiers won’t be able to read its info at swiping points.
My Gift Card Balance Checker Shows $0. Can I Reload?
Home Depot gift card is among the rare services of this type that offer an option to reload the balance. You have two options to do this:
- Visit the nearby store. You can reload your card at any Home Depot retail location.
- Reload your card online. Visit this page and enter your card details. Pick the desired payment method and boost the balance available.
What If I Lose My Home Depot Gift Card?
Whether you only misplaced your Home Depot gift card or you have reasons to believe someone stole it, contact customer support immediately. For eGift cards, you can use the link in the original email to report a theft. It might be faster to contact customer care at 1-800-903-9161. An agent can cancel the original card and check if there’s any value left on it. Any funds available can be transferred to your new card.
Services Similar to Home Depot That Also Offer Gift Cards
Gift cards are common in different industries, such as food and tourism, and many retail brands also offer this option. Here are some top suggestions similar to Home Depot gift cards:
|Gift Card||Reason to Choose It|
|Walmart||Walmart has hypermarkets, grocery stores, and discount department stores, making them a true multinational retail corporation.|
|Costco||The retail company focuses on securing top prices on brand-name goods for its members.|
|Amazon||The biggest online e-commerce platform has services and products that fit various preferences.|
|Etsy||Unique products and handcrafted items are excellent reasons to consider an Etsy gift card.|
|Apple||An Apple gift card is great for all tech lovers, as they can use it to purchase anything from apps in the App Store to Apple TV+.|