DashPass is a subscription-based service offered by the famous DoorDash ordering and delivery company. Although it comes with certain benefits, perhaps you failed to see them, or your free trial is expiring, and you don’t want to continue being a member.
Either way, our guide will tell you how to cancel DoorDash the easy way – you can even choose between multiple options. Here’s what you should know about stopping your DashPass subscription.
Learn More About Benefits and Pricing Plans Before You Cancel DoorDash Pass
Members qualify for free deliveries and lower service fees, benefits for picking orders up, and other exclusive offers. DashPass can be acquired in the majority of the United States and Canada, and here are the basic pricing details:
|Monthly Plan||$9.99 per month|
|Annual Plan||$96 per year|
|Student Plan||$4.99 per month|
Each plan comes with a free trial, which lasts one month for standard subscriptions, and three months if you are a student. The company also allows gifting a membership and has special deals with companies like MasterCard and Roku, which could also trigger a free trial. However, please note that all trials have to be canceled before they end, or you’ll be charged via the provided payment method.
How Do I Cancel DoorDash Via My Mobile App?
The DoorDash subscription cancellation process will go smoothly if you follow these steps:
- Load your mobile DoorDash app.
- Check if you are logged in. Once you log in, head to the Account section.
- Pick to Manage DashPass.
- Navigate to Cancel Membership and tap that option.
- Pick a reason for your cancellation. You can be honest or simply choose anything to continue.
- Confirm that you want to cancel DashPass. The platform will try to convince you by listing the benefits once again, but this is the final step.
- You’ll get a confirmation that you canceled and info on when your current billing cycle expires.
How Do I Cancel My Account Via the Website?
You can stop your current subscription from both any web browser on a mobile device or PC and here’s how:
- Head to the official website and log into your account.
- Go to the Account section and choose to Manage DashPass.
- Pick Cancel Membership, choose a reason, and confirm your decision.
- You’ll get feedback that you successfully canceled the membership on the following page.
How to Cancel Via Live Chat?
- Agents are available via live chat 24/7
- Make sure you first try the two ways we recommended in the previous sections for the DoorDash cancel DashPass process.
- Access the live chat by clicking here.
- Talk to an agent and ask them to assist you with stopping your subscription.
How to Unsubscribe Over the Phone?
- DoorDash has a toll-free phone number you can use to get in touch with customer support.
- Agents are available via phone at 855-431-0459, and you can call them around the clock.
- Listen to the instructions and ask to talk to an agent
- Ask the agent to assist you with going through the DoorDash DashPass cancel process
Additional Information About the DoorDash Cancel Subscription Process
You now know how to cancel your DoorDash membership, but here’s some other important info to keep in mind about this company!
How Do You Cancel DoorDash Student Free Trial?
If you are wondering, “How do I cancel my DoorDash subscription” if I am a student, the process is the same as for any other subscription. You can consult the instructions on this page but don’t forget to cancel before your trial ends to avoid any charges.
Do You Need to Cancel DoorDash Subscription If You Got It As a Gift?
It’s possible to purchase DoorDash as a gift, and it can be delivered right away or up to three months in the future. After redeeming, the receiver can use it for free, but it’s necessary to cancel the subscription before it expires. Otherwise, you risk getting charged for a regular monthly billing cycle.
How to Cancel DoorDash Subscription Received Via Roku?
After your trial expires, you will be charged automatically for the next DashPass billing cycle. If you don’t want that to happen, you can cancel from the DoorDash app or website – read more in the sections above.
DoorDash Won’t Let Me Cancel DashPass. What Should I Do?
It should be fairly easy to cancel DashPass if you follow the steps on this page. But if you encounter any issues, don’t hesitate to contact customer support at 855-431-0459. Agents are polite and available 24/7.
How to Cancel DoorDash Pass Orders from a Restaurant?
You can cancel from the Orders section in your mobile app or website user area. Choose the Help menu and Cancel Order to finalize the process.
Does DoorDash Pass Cancel a Restaurant Order Include a Refund?
The eligibility for a refund depends on the time when you canceled the order. If the restaurant still hasn’t accepted the order and no dasher has been assigned to it, you can expect a full refund. If one of the two – a dasher of the restaurant – has accepted the order, you will get a partial refund. But if the restaurant confirms your order and a dasher gets assigned to it, you’ll be charged the full price.