How to Cancel Scribd – Easy Guide
Scribd is a well-loved digital library used by 100 million readers every month. It provides its subscribers with an extensive assortment of e-books, audiobooks, magazines, and more. Despite its many benefits, you might wonder how to cancel your Scribd subscription if you no longer need or want access to its vast collection.
Don’t worry! We’ve got you covered. In this helpful guide, we’ll walk you through the steps on how to cancel your Scribd membership with ease. Whether it’s because you’re looking to unsubscribe from Scribd or simply want to know for future reference – we’ve got all the information you need.
How Much Does a Scribd Membership Cost?
You’ll notice that Scribd memberships are incredibly straightforward in terms of pricing. After a 30-day trial period, users are charged $11.99 USD per month until they cancel.
Here’s a visual of how the pricing works:
|Type of Customer||Monthly Cost||Description|
|Non-Subscribing Visitor||None||You won’t be able to access the library until you have officially begun your 30-day trial. You can only upload documents and read from a select range of uploaded documents.|
|Member||$11.99 USD||Full access to thousands of books as well as user-contributed works.|
When you cancel, you’ll still have access to the library for the period of time you’ve paid for. For instance: If you cancel halfway through a 30-day period, you’ll only be locked out after the rest of that period has passed.
How to Cancel Scribd Subscription
There are many reasons why someone might decide to cancel their Scribd subscription. Maybe they’ve discovered a different platform that aligns more closely with their reading tastes, or perhaps they need to tighten their budget and cut back on expenses. Whatever the reason may be, it’s crucial to understand how to properly cancel your Scribd membership so you can avoid any unwanted charges.
If you’re looking to cancel your Scribd subscription, there are a few different ways to do it, depending on how you initially signed up and the device you’re using. Let’s take a look at each method more closely:
Cancel Subscriptions Purchased via the Website
1. Head over to the Scribd website and log in with your email address and password.
2. Navigate to your account page.
3. Find the Subscription & Payment Details section, then click on End My Subscription or Cancel Subscription.
4. You’ll be prompted with a few pages to confirm that you want to leave – just follow through with these steps as needed.
5. Finally, confirm that you want to cancel your Scribd account by completing any remaining steps until a confirmation message shows up on-screen.
For Subscriptions Bought Via Apple iTunes (iOS devices only)
1. Launch the App Store.
2. Click on the sign-in button or your name at the bottom of the sidebar.
3. Hit View Information at the top of the window.
4. Scroll down until you find Subscriptions, then click Manage.
5. Find Scribd in the list and click Edit next to it.
6. Finally, choose Cancel Subscription to confirm that you want to cancel.
iPhone or iPad users:
1. Open up Settings on your device.
2. Tap on your Apple ID section.
3. Next, tap Subscriptions and find Scribd among them.
4. To cancel, tap Cancel Subscription and confirm your decision.
Canceling via Google Play Store (Android devices only)
On a computer:
1. Go to play.google.com.
2. Login with the appropriate Google Account.
3. In the left-hand menu, click on My Subscriptions.
4. Find your Scribd subscription and hit Manage, followed by Cancel Subscription.
5. When the confirmation window appears, click Yes.
On an Android device:
1. Launch the Google Play app.
2. Tap on the profile icon located at the top right corner of your screen.
3. Choose Payments & Subscriptions and then tap on Subscriptions.
4. Locate your Scribd subscription in the list.
5. Click on Cancel Subscription.
How To Cancel If You Are Paying Via Boku
If you’re a Scribd user in Indonesia who pays for your subscription via direct carrier billing, that means you are paying via Boku (previously known as Fortumo), your provider. You’ll need to reach out to Boku support to begin the cancellation process.
Other Information To Note
Read below for some commonly asked questions that often come up when canceling a Scribd account.
What Happens After I Cancel?
When you decide to cancel your Scribd subscription, don’t worry – you’ll still have access to all the great content on Scribd until the end of your current billing cycle. Once that’s over, though, you won’t be charged anymore, and your access to their vast library will become limited. If you ever change your mind and want to come back, it’s easy to reactivate your account by choosing a new subscription plan and following a few simple steps.
Can I Get A Refund After Canceling My Scribd Subscription?
Sadly, refunds aren’t usually offered for canceled subscriptions on Scribd. That being said, if you think there’s a valid reason for requesting one, feel free to get in touch with their customer support team and chat about it.
How Can I Reactivate My Scribd Account After Canceling?
If you’ve decided that canceling wasn’t the right move after all or just miss having access to everything they offer, here are the steps for reactivating:
1. Visit the Scribd website to view your subscription details since the app only displays the type (e.g., monthly).
2. Navigate to the Subscription section of your account.
3. Check under Plan Details to see your subscription type and its cost.
4. For inactive subscriptions with previous history, notice the end date and an option to Restart Subscription. Click this to reactivate your membership.
Knowing how to cancel a Scribd membership is quite simple. Follow our instructions, whether using their website or app (or even through an app store). If you change your mind, don’t stress – you can always reactivate your account!
What Are Some Good Alternatives to Scribd?
While Scribd is a great service, you may want to try out another similar service. Here are a few that we recommend checking out: