So you have stopped using Disney plus for a while and don't want to use it again. But still, you've to pay for a monthly or more subscription because you're unable to cancel it. Right? Then no worries. This article will provide the easiest yet efficient way to cancel your Disney plus on Verizon.
How Do I Cancel Disney Plus Subscription Through Verizon?
You must have subscribed to Disney plus on Verizon to binge-watch classics, series, Originals from the makers of Disney, Marvel, Star Wars, and more. After all, Disney plus provides you unlimited entertainment –and you can watch your favorite TV shows and movies. But now you're busy enough and couldn't have time for it, and want to cancel its subscription.
Here's the good news. It's very easy and can be done in no time. All you need to remember is your Verizon login credentials to cancel it. Follow the step-by-step instructions given below to cancel your Disney plus account.
Cancel Your Subscription in a Browser
If you want to cancel your Disney plus subscription in a browser, follow these steps:
- First, sign in or log in to My Verizon.
- Now, look for My Verizon Home Screen and select Add-ons Apps on the home page. You can navigate it easily by clicking My Tab present at the lower tab.
- If required, you will need to enter your password, fingerprint, or face ID.
- From the Add-ons & Apps, tap the More icon > in the Disney plus section. And then click the Manage button.
- From the Manage section, press Cancel subscription.
- Proceed further by reading the message and clicking Remove Disney. You may need to wait 24 hours to get your subscription canceled finally.
How to Cancel on Your Phone
However, the steps for canceling Disney plus through Verizon are similar on both iPhone and Android devices. Still, we have described separate steps each.
Cancel Disney Plus on Your iPhone
- Open the My Verizon App. The app is compatible with Apple iOS Devices running 11.0 or higher.
- Login to your account.
- Now, on the home screen, head over to the My Add-ons & Apps section and press the Add-ons tab. Then press Manage in the “Disney Plus” section.
- Finally, in the manage section, you'll find an option for Cancel Subscription. Simply click it, and your subscription will be canceled.
Cancel Disney Plus on Your Android Phone
- Open the My Verizon app. The App only runs on android devices having version 5.0+.
- Login to your account, and you’ll be directed towards the home screen.
- Now, from “My Add-ons & Apps Section," press See All. Then click Manage Add-on from the Disney Plus section.
- Tap Cancel Subscription to finish.
Ways to Refund or Cancel the Service
According to Verizon, no refunds will be issued once the account has been signed up or prepaid plan or service has been paid.
How Can You Lower the Subscription Cost?
You can save up some pennies if you sign up for bundle deals, i.e., The Disney Bundle. This bundle includes Disney+, Hulu, and ESPN+. However, if you are paying separately, it will cost you around $20/month. But using Verizon, you can lower the subscription cost to $12.99/month.
If you have already subscribed to Disney plus, you can still upgrade to the Disney Bundle for $6/month during the promotional period. After the promotion ends, you will be charged $13.99/month. This will be valid if you have at least 1 Get More Unlimited or Play More Unlimited account.
How to Pause the Disney+ Service?
Currently, Disney Plus doesn't allow pausing the subscription and restarting it at will. The only option is to cancel the Disney plus subscription.
Can You Cancel Disney Plus Anytime?
Yes, you can cancel Disney plus service at any time. Just go to the Manage Disney+ page in My Verizon and look for the Cancel Subscription option. Once you find it, press it to end the subscription. But you may need to wait for 24 hours after cancellation until it's fully canceled.
Some Good Alternative to the Disney+ Service
In case you want to switch over to its alternative services. Here are some popular options.
- Netflix – It’s one of the world's leading entertainment services that provide exclusive movies, on-going TV series, documentaries, and comedy specials.
- Amazon Prime Video – This streaming service stands out considering the diversity of content it offers - ranging from cartoons, movies, TV shows, and documentaries to binge-watch and much more.
- Hulu – Hulu is another best-selling and great alternative to Disney plus. It offers a wide range of movies and TV shows of every genre. Want to see the latest or oldest episode of your favorite show? Hulu has got you covered.
- HBO Max – It offers critically acclaimed shows and movies as well as exclusive original content just made for HBO Max.
- Apple TV+ – Though it is one of the newest streaming services, it has a catalog of high-quality movies and shows. You can use it for free for the first seven days or get it free for one year on purchasing an Apple TV streaming device.
- Peacock – It is also a streaming service with dozens of memorable movies. And the best thing about this is its base plan is free. You can watch TV shows, movies, live news, and sports events without paying anything.
- Paramount Plus – the most on-demand streaming service that gives viewers access to live CBS TV channels along with a huge collection of movies and TV shows. It includes live content from CBS, BET, Comedy Central, and more.
Let's compare each of the services.
|Huge library of originals, app support, no ads, and focus on the interface for kids||A bit more expensive than others|
|Amazon Prime Video||$12.99 per month|
$119 per year after trial
|Provides extra movie rentals and purchase options |
Plenty of international titles, 4K HDR support in the basic plan.
|Fewer features than its competitors|
|Hulu||Basic - $6.99 per month|
Premium- $13 per month
|Live TV option|
Most impressive TV show library.
It gives an option to subscribe to HBO through Disney plus discounted bundle.
|You can't share it with friends due to two device limits on Basic Plan.|
|HBO Max||Ad-free - $15 per month|
Ad-free - $10 per month
|Huge catalog of movies and shows.|
Day and date streaming for many brands like Warnermedia
|Apple TV plus||Monthly-4.99$|
Annual- $50 a year (Ad-free)
|Reasonable price, exclusive options, 4K HDR Support, and you can even watch videos offline.||Limited library of original content|
Premium- $4.99/month (Ad supported)
Premium Plus- $9.99/ month (Ad-free)
|There is a strong free version, live sports and news options, and a vast library of shows and movies.||The premium plan doesn't offer exclusive library features.|
|Paramount Plus||Essential- $5/month (Ad supported)|
Premium- $10/month (Ad-free)
|Massive catalog of TV shows|
No ads except live TV & shows
24/7 local and national news
|Lacks exclusive content|
What happens to my Disney plus subscription if I need to suspend my Verizon service?
If you need to suspend My Verizon service, your Disney plus subscription will remain until the original date. It will not be paused during the suspension period.
What happens to my Disney plus subscription if I cancel the Verizon service?
If you suspend My Verizon service entirely, your Disney plus subscription will also cancel out. However, there is an exception: if you are a Disney plus subscriber and your paid subscription was paused during the Disney+ on us offer, it will automatically resume, and you can use it until the subscription expires.
How can I verify that my Disney plus subscription has been activated with Verizon?
To verify that your Disney plus subscription has been activated with Verizon: Go to the Disney plus website, log in with the same credentials you used while signing up for Disney plus. Now, on the top right corner, tap the profile icon. Choose the account option from the dropdown. Under subscription, you can check out the Verizon subscription. It will confirm that your subscription is now active.
Canceling Disney plus subscription through Verizon is no longer a difficult task. You can cancel it at any time; however, you may need to wait for 24 hours for full cancellation. We hope this article has helped you painlessly cancel Disney plus through Verizon!