Anytime Fitness operates in over 50 countries, and over 5,000 gyms and other locations are members of this network. You might have tried this service but realized that it’s not the right option to reach your exercise goals, and that’s perfectly fine.
It’s now time to start the Anytime Fitness cancel membership process. It might seem complex at first glance, but we are here to make things simple. Here’s what you need to know about canceling Anytime Fitness!
What You Should Know About the Pricing Before You Cancel Anytime Fitness
You won’t find it easy to understand the pricing structure of Anytime Fitness, and you should be wary of the charges that come up during the signing-up process. Before we continue, here’s an example of the available plans and their prices:
|12 months||$32.49 bi-weekly|
|24 months||$30.49 bi-weekly|
The cost varies on the gym you select, and the platform mentions that the average price of a monthly membership is $41, but that strongly varies. Depending on the gym, you most commonly come across 12 and 24-month plans, which means there’s a commitment involved. Some gyms might offer six or 18-month contracts, too.
But it’s not about the membership price, but rather other costs. All subscriptions are automatically renewable. You’ll pay a down payment for administrative charges and the start-up costs of joining the gym. There’s also a club enhancement fee that’s charged once or twice yearly. With all those costs that increase your total payments, it’s no wonder you are considering Anytime Fitness cancellation as soon as possible.
How to Cancel Anytime Fitness Membership in the Home Gym
The default method of canceling your Anytime Fitness subscription is to visit your home club in person. That will require doing the following steps:
- Find your club details. Anytime Fitness has a detailed club locator that you can use to identify your gym information.
- Call the gym first. You will see the contact information on the gym’s page. Check the staffed hours and call during that time to ask about canceling your contract.
- Go to the gym if necessary. It might be required to visit the club and cancel in person. If that’s the case, make sure to do this before your current subscription cycle expires. Please note you are required to give a month’s notice about cancellation, which could prolong the entire process.
How to Cancel My Anytime Fitness Membership Online
The UK version of the website has an online cancelation request. Here’s how to complete it:
- Open a web browser. Visit this page to access the membership cancellation form.
- Enter the basic details. You begin by inputting your first name, surname, and email address used for your membership. If the platform validates them, you’ll proceed to the next step.
- Complete the process. Follow the on-screen instructions and provide other necessary details.
- Submit the request. After submitting the request, the staff will review it. Once you receive a response, check if you’ve completed your Anytime Fitness membership cancellation or if you need to follow additional instructions. If necessary, provide additional details and do the suggested actions required to complete the process.
How to Cancel Anytime Fitness Over the Phone or Email
According to the website, phone support is only available for billing errors and inquiries and is handled by ABC Fitness. You can give it a shot to see if it’ll work to cancel your Anytime Fitness membership this way, and here’s how:
- Call the support over the phone. There’s a toll-free number available at 888-827-9262. Once you call it, ask to speak to an agent and discuss canceling your membership.
- Send an email. The email available is email@example.com – don’t forget to include your membership details in the email, as well as a form of ID with your address, full name, and date of birth.
3 Things You Should Know About the Anytime Fitness Cancelation Policy
Now that you know how to cancel your membership, here are some other important details about this platform!
Is There an Anytime Fitness Cancellation Fee?
The terms indicate that it depends on the gym you selected, and the cancelation fee should be specified in the membership agreement. We suggest checking the paperwork you received and reading it carefully to discover any useful info about the cancellation fee. The general rule is that the longer you have left on your current contract, the higher the termination fee will be.
Can I Cancel My Anytime Fitness Membership and Request a Refund?
No, you cannot request a refund after canceling your membership. However, you have several days to submit a request to stop your subscription after joining the platform. If you send the request before the date specified, you won’t pay a cancelation fee.
Is It Possible to Transfer and Not Cancel Anytime Fitness Membership?
You can transfer your Anytime Fitness membership, as all subscriptions are transferrable. However, it’s necessary for the next gym selected to be over ten miles from the previous club you used. Please note that the monthly fees could vary depending on the gym chosen.
Is There an Anytime Fitness Free Trial?
They call this the free 7-day pass to the desired Anytime Fitness gym. The offer is only valid for new and first-time customers and at participating locations. You must be a local resident to use the free pass at the preferred club.
Alternatives to Anytime Fitness
If you are looking to switch gyms due to pricing or just want a change of scenery, here are a few good options to look into.