Crunch Gym is a popular fitness chain known for providing its patrons with a wide range of health and exercise classes to provide ‘fun fitness.’
While it’s always a good idea to work on your physical health and well-being, sometimes the fitness club memberships and subscriptions go to waste because you don’t have the time and energy to tend to them. In such a case, it’s perfectly fine to cancel the membership.
There are two ways that you can cancel your Crunch membership. The first way is by calling the customer service number on Crunch’s website’s member portal.
The second way to cancel your subscription is by logging into Crunch’s website and going to your account area. Here’s a detailed guide:
Step One: Go to a Local Crunch Fitness Franchise
Is it time to end your relationship with Crunch Fitness?
While the process is somewhat longwinded, it isn’t impossible to rid yourself of your Crunch account. For starters, go to your local crunch fitness gym a minimum of 30 days before your date of cancellation.
Step Two: Speak to a Representative
After finding a representative who can help, ask for a cancellation request form. The gym should provide you with all the paperwork needed to cancel your membership to the Crunch Gym.
That said, it is important to note that some crunch gyms are part of a chained franchise, which means they may have independent owners. Considering this, you need to check your local gym’s cancellation requirements and policies, as they may differ from state to state.
To learn more about the cancellation policy for your local Crunch gym, you can visit your local club to inquire about their cancellation procedures. Once you’re informed, you can implement the policy and wait for confirmation.
Please note that your membership will not be canceled until your club has sent you an official confirmation regarding the cancellation process.
So, keep in mind that your membership is active until your gym sends you a confirmation email confirming your membership cancelation.
Step Three: Pay Your Dues
Based on your contract, you will have to pay the membership fee for the next month if you want your cancellation to be confirmed.
When your 30-day cancellation notice period has ended, you won’t be accumulating any more fees from your Crunch gym. Also, if you’re canceling the membership before your first year ends, you will likely have to pay the ‘early termination administration fee.’ This is $25, with an additional $175.
Step Four: Give up Your Membership Card
When you have sent in your forms and are riding out your cancellation notice period, you will also have to submit your membership card to a gym employee.
However, you will still be able to access the gym for the next 30 days with temporary authorization from the gym.
Check Your Subscription’s Expiration Date
If you want to know about the expiration date of your Crunch Fitness membership, then follow the steps given below:
- Go to Crunch Fitness’s official website.
- Click on “Crunch Locator,” which you can find in the top right corner of the page. Then, on mobile devices, click on three parallel lines for a list of all available locations of Crunch Fitness clubs.
- Click on the “Sign up” link present under the name of your city. It will take you to the registration page, where you have to fill out some forms, including your contact details, preferred payment method, etc.
- When you’ve filled in all the required information, click on the “Complete Registration” button at the end of the page. You will be redirected to the page where login forms are displayed.
- Enter your username and password in respective fields if you’ve created one earlier; otherwise, click on the “Not a Member?” link present at the bottom of that page. This should take you to the registration page to fill out the necessary details for them to verify.
- After that, you are automatically sent to the confirmation page, where you’ll find information about your Crunch Fitness membership, like its expiration date, etc. If you want to know about the exact location this club serves, click on the “View Map” link at the bottom of that page. It will lead you to another webpage where the entire information is displayed on a map.
How to Get a Free Crunch Subscription Trial?
Even though your card won’t be charged for any services availed during the trial period, you’ll still be asked to provide your credit card information. This way, Crunch can automatically deduct its payment as soon as the period is over.
So, remember to cancel the service before time’s up, or else you will be charged the full price. Here is how you do it:
- The first step to getting a free Crunch fitness trial is to go to the official website.
- Then, fill out the information on that page.
- You will have to put in your email address and phone number to know what to tell the fitness coach once you order your trial. You will also have to enter your credit card information – ensure that you choose one with an expiration date after the end of the trial period!
- Once you do all this, it’s time to be active. You will receive a text message from Crunch – follow the step-by-step instructions to earn your free workout. This will only take a few minutes, and you will have worked up a sweat.
- Once you finish this, sit back and relax. You will not be charged for your month of workouts!
Can I Request a Refund on Crunch Subscription?
The only way to get a refund for pre-paid Crunch membership is if you can prove that your employer will not be able to reimburse you for your membership. You will need to submit this proof within 30 days of canceling your Crunch account or, if you cancel before the 1st of the month, within 30 days from the date you joined.
After that, you will receive a refund within four weeks.
What Are the Pros and Cons of a Crunch Account?
|No Contracts; you can cancel your membership at any time!||For upfront membership cancellation, you need to inform them a month before.|
|Unique Workout Classes, including dancing||Some Locations only offer basic amenities, such as towel service and restrooms, instead of saunas and steam rooms.|
|Personal Training Available.||Most locations are not 24 hours, so you might not be able to work out when you want.|
|The basic package offers locker rooms and showers.||Same-day cancellations may require a $10 fee, depending on the location.|
|The gym is cleaned quite frequently.|
What Are Some Other Gyms Like Crunch?
The table below will help you decide what gym is best for you.
|Gym Name (click name to learn how to cancel)||Brief Description|
|Blink Fitness||Blink Fitness is a low-cost gym chain that focuses on functional training and fundamental fitness equipment. They hope to create a welcoming and inclusive atmosphere.|
|LA Fitness||LA Fitness is a well-known gym franchise that provides a variety of equipment, group courses, personal training, and facilities such as pools and basketball courts. They serve all levels of exercise aficionados.|
|OrangeTheory||OrangeTheory is a revolutionary fitness routine that combines group courses with high-intensity cardio and strength training, all while being monitored by heart rate monitors for maximum results and calorie burn.|
|Planet Fitness||Planet Fitness is a well-known low-cost gym company that provides a judgment-free environment for newcomers and casual gym-goers. They have sites all across the country and offer basic fitness equipment as well as group fitness programs.|
|YMCA||The YMCA is a non-profit health club that services children and communities. They provide health and fitness programs for all members.|
|Anytime Fitness||24/7 accessible gym, promoting healthier lives with a wide variety of equipment, personal training, and a supportive community.|
|24 Hour Fitness||24-Hour Fitness is a national health club business that offers a wide range of fitness equipment, group programs, personal training, and amenities. They are open around the clock to accommodate all schedules.|
If you’re ready to leave Crunch for good, it should be pretty easy to unsubscribe from their services. Follow the steps outlined in this blog post and cancel your membership with confidence. We hope that these tips will help make canceling crunch easier than ever before!
Have any of our readers successfully canceled their membership? Share your experience below, or let us know if we missed anything important by commenting on one of our posts.